Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from my Dad, and was a favorite of mine growing up. Now its a staple in our monthly dinner rotation. Its easy to put together, and reheats well as leftovers.
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken (I use the meat from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 18 corn tortillas, torn into quarters
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Saute onions over medium heat in a small amount of oil until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Combine chicken, green chilis, both cans of soup and onions in a large bowl.
- In a greased 9x13 inch casserole dish, alternate layers of tortillas, chicken mixture, then cheese. Repeat twice more, but wait to add last layer of cheese until after you have baked it for 45-50 minutes. Add cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- This recipe can be made ahead and frozen. Just cover with foil and increase the cooking time.