Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easiest dinner ever! Serve with white rice and some broccoli or squash.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup apricots or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and preserves.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
This was really good. The chicken was very moist and it was not too acidic because of the preserves. It had a more creamy sauce than normal tomato sauce. It got thumbs up from hubby and 3 out of 5 kids.
Very good and easy! I did change a few things and those were to saute the chicken as directed, but then I threw everything in the crockpot on low and let it simmer there for about 5 hours. It was very tender and falling apart that way! Also, I used a can of tomato soup instead of diced tomatoes. Thanks for a great recipe, Miraklegirl!