Recipe by TheBlueJeanChef
Quick italian dish that doesn't taste like it should be as easy as it is. This is a recipe that has evolved over time and has become my oldest son's birthday dinner year after year. It is a great way to use up those small amounts of odd shaped leftover pastas in your pantry. Great Make ahead and freeze up to 3 months.
- 1 lb medium to spicy pork sausage
- 1 lb button mushroom, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 1 (32 ounce) jarprego tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups uncooked pasta, whatever shapes you have on hand will work
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, sweet
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring to a boil 5 quarts of salted water. Add Pasta and cook al dente. In the meantime, brown sausage in skillet, remove with a slotted spoon. Add Musrooms to skillet, saute until browned. Add to bowl with sausage. Wipe out the skillet with paper towel. Add Meat and Mushrooms back to skillet and add sauce, heat through.
- Now in a deep casserole dish layer ingredients as follows:
- Thin layer of sauce.
- Repeat one time.
- Sprinkle Basil on top.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30 minute until bubbling and light browned on top.