Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy, most ingredients will probably be on hand and a very delicious, filling comfort food. Balance it out with a salad of field greens and perhaps a glass of Norton and you can also have a romantic 'married' dinner! Tweaked the recipe from my moms variation of a clay pot one because I just don't have that kind of time or clay pot.
- Thin slice onion and cut tenderloin into 1" by 2 1/2" strips. Any lean cut of steak will do however.
- In a large skillet melt 3 Tblsp of the butter. At a med to high heat brown the beef but be sure not to burn the butter. I tend to add a Tblsp or 2 of olive oil so I can cook the beef high and fast to retain tenderness. If your pan is not large enough to cook all with out overcrowding, cook in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan add onions and cook in drippings and butter until just browned. Remove from pan.
- Turn down heat to med and add remaining butter. Saute mushrooms untill tender and add garlic in at last minute or two of cooking so as not to burn.
- Add beef, onions and worcestershire sauce back to pan and stir in sour cream on med low heat so as to not curdle the sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until cream and ingredients are fully integrated, perhaps just a few minutes more.
- serve over favorite egg noodles, pasta or rice.