Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We like this recipe because it has so much taste and is a quick meal when you have a busy day.
- 12 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can salt-free tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Remove from heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook beef for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a colander and rinse under hot water to remove excess fat, drain well.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels. Stir in bell pepper, cook 3 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring frequently. Stir in vegetables, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Meanwhile cook noodles omitting salt and oil, drain well, reserving 3/4 cup water. Stir noodles, reserved water, parsley and salt into beef mixture cover and heat for 5 minutes on low heat.
This recipe looks pretty good but a lot of people are going to pass it over as the directions are hard to read. May want to try an edit and repost.