Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband makes these every weekend and eats most of them himself!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix milk with vinegar (or just use 2 cups of buttermilk).
- Mix all dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, olive oil, and mix.
- Pour into preheated waffle iron and sprinkle optional toppings on top.
This batter was extremely runny. The waffles came out of my waffle iron very soft and limp. I had to put them in a warm oven to crisp up. The waffles didn't have a very good taste. According to my husband, they tasted "like cardboard".