Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Made this yesterday so that we could have an easy meal this Saturday evening. The salad/spread serves 6 as an appetizer. I make it for the two of us and we have it on bread as a late evening snack. It will keep for 2-3 days in the refridgerator.
- 3 large hardboiled egg
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in brine
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic granules or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Mash the boiled eggs with a fork.
- Add tuna and mash together.
- Add onions and capers and mix.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add mayonnaise and mix.
- Refridgerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Don't use a food processor, you'll want a little bit of structure in the salad/spread.
Delicious! I cut this recipe down to 1 can of tuna and 1 egg for our lunch, which we spread on poppy seed crackers. I used the garlic powder and left out the capers. I like the addition of the egg to the tuna salad. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
this was a very good lunch. mine came out extra creamy so i added 1/2 c of chopped kalamata olives and 1 c of cooked orzo, which made this a complete meal.