Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and tasty main course for the weekend or busy weekday night.
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb sirloin or 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell peppers (or half of each) or 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (or half of each)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine gravy mix, water, soy sauce and ground red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil over med-high in a wok or large skillet. Add meat, cook until just brown, about 5 minutes Stir in gravy mixture, Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes
- Turn off heat and stir in onion, bell peppers and garlic. Cover and let stand for 8-10 minutes Stir again before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice.