Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
For those lazy weekends
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 ounces medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, if needed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large ovenproof skillet over med-high heat, cook sausage and bell pepper, breaking up sausage with a spoon, for 3 minutes.
- Add in onion and mushroom; cook until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes; add oil, if needed.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, basil, salt, and pepper together; pour over sausage mixture in the skillet.
- Decrease heat to med-low, cover and cook, 10-12 minutes, until eggs are set and top is almost dry.
- Sprinkle with cheese; broil until frittata is puffy and cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into wedges and serve; garnish with basil leaves.