Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
. A homemade recipe. It features white wine in the recipe.
Make and share this Weekend Cookers Shrimp and Egg Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium green onions, tops sliced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, boiled, peeled, and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh plain breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Saute green onions in butter in a medium skillet.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, but don't brown.
- Add wine, cream , milk, and dill weed and cook on medium stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, blend well, and set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and place eggs yolk side up in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the shrimp.
- Slowly pour sauce on top of shrimp.
- In another large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parmesan cheese, and mix very well.
- Sprinkle mix on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Made a "test" batch of this last night (I wanted to serve it Thursday) it was awesome!!! Easy and yummy! I used chicken stock as one of my guests does not want even cooked alcohol in their food. I think I will post a sign that says "Caution: objects in this tray are richer than they appear!"
How delightfully different! I've been wanting to try a recipe using hard boiled eggs, and am so glad this was the one I chose. The only change I might think about is using just a tad more cheese. And such a good way to use up some of those Easter eggs! Thnx for sharing your recipe, weekend cooker. Made for PRMR tag game.