1/1 Photo of Weekend Cookers Shrimp and Egg Casserole
weekend cooker's Note:
. A homemade recipe. It features white wine in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium green onions, tops sliced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, boiled, peeled, and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups fresh plain breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Saute green onions in butter in a medium skillet.
- 2Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, but don't brown.
- 3Add wine, cream , milk, and dill weed and cook on medium stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- 4Stir in cheddar cheese, blend well, and set aside.
- 5Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and place eggs yolk side up in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the shrimp.
- 6Slowly pour sauce on top of shrimp.
- 7In another large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parmesan cheese, and mix very well.
- 8Sprinkle mix on top of casserole.
- 9Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weekend Cookers Shrimp and Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1355.1
- Calories from Fat 802
- Total Fat 89.1 g
- Saturated Fat 47.5 g
- Cholesterol 1378.4 mg
- Sodium 1596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 83.0 g