1 hr 10 mins
I created this awesome recipe when I was lacking on specialty ingredients. I used what I had and it turned out to be amazing. This recipe creates enough for supper plus plenty of leftovers. Every time I bring it to a gathering I get nothing but raves!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) bag elbow macaroni (small bag)
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can bean medley (kidney beans, navy beans, chickpeas, etc)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp works best)
- 1 pinch salt
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1Brown ground beef in a pan, adding any spices you like (I used curry and Parmesan & herb), drain and set aside.
- 2Cook elbow pasta, drain and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tomato paste and cream of mushroom soup.
- 4Mix cheese into the tomato mixture.
- 5Add beans, corn, onions, peppers, green onion, and garlic to the mix, mix until everything is coated.
- 6Add ground beef to mixture, mix well.
- 7Pour pasta in a large casserole dish.
- 8Spoon beef mixture onto the pasta.
- 9Carefully mix with a wooden spoon (or something similar) until fully mixed.
- 10Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 11*I also like to add some more cheese on the top for the last 5 minutes of baking*.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weekend Casserole Delight
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 473.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: