Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this awesome recipe when I was lacking on specialty ingredients. I used what I had and it turned out to be amazing. This recipe creates enough for supper plus plenty of leftovers. Every time I bring it to a gathering I get nothing but raves!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) bag elbow macaroni (small bag)
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can bean medley (kidney beans, navy beans, chickpeas, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp works best)
- 1 pinch salt
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Brown ground beef in a pan, adding any spices you like (I used curry and Parmesan & herb), drain and set aside.
- Cook elbow pasta, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tomato paste and cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix cheese into the tomato mixture.
- Add beans, corn, onions, peppers, green onion, and garlic to the mix, mix until everything is coated.
- Add ground beef to mixture, mix well.
- Pour pasta in a large casserole dish.
- Spoon beef mixture onto the pasta.
- Carefully mix with a wooden spoon (or something similar) until fully mixed.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- *I also like to add some more cheese on the top for the last 5 minutes of baking*.