1/4 Photos of Weekend Baked Hash Browns
Deb's Recipes's Note:
Are you looking for a great Thanksgiving or Christmas morning meal? This awesome-tasting one-dish breakfast can be made in advance and refrigerated until needed. It uses Simply Potatoes® brand hash browns. They are refrigerated, not frozen, and come in a green bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces; fry in large skillet until crisp; remove and drain on absorbent paper; discard all but a very small amount of bacon fat from skillet.
- 2Add vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom of skillet; heat to medium-high; add hash browns and fry (spread them out and fry without disturbing for about 5 minutes, then turn them and fry for another 5 minutes) until brown.
- 3Remove hash browns from skillet, spreading them into a 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray; spread half the bacon and half the cheese over the hash browns.
- 4Beat eggs, milk, onions, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce together then pour over the hash browns, bacon, and cheese; press the bacon and cheese evenly down into the hash browns and egg mixture with the edge of a spoon or clean fingertips; top with remaining bacon and cheese.
- 5Bake at 450 for 8 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue baking for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- 6NOTE: I often use Simply Potatoes® "Southwest Style Hash Browns" for a spicier breakfast casserole.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weekend Baked Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.2
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 195.4 mg
- Sodium 781.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g