Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Are you looking for a great Thanksgiving or Christmas morning meal? This awesome-tasting one-dish breakfast can be made in advance and refrigerated until needed. It uses Simply Potatoes® brand hash browns. They are refrigerated, not frozen, and come in a green bag.
- 3⁄4 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) packagesimply potatoes brand shredded hash browns
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -12 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces; fry in large skillet until crisp; remove and drain on absorbent paper; discard all but a very small amount of bacon fat from skillet.
- Add vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom of skillet; heat to medium-high; add hash browns and fry (spread them out and fry without disturbing for about 5 minutes, then turn them and fry for another 5 minutes) until brown.
- Remove hash browns from skillet, spreading them into a 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray; spread half the bacon and half the cheese over the hash browns.
- Beat eggs, milk, onions, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce together then pour over the hash browns, bacon, and cheese; press the bacon and cheese evenly down into the hash browns and egg mixture with the edge of a spoon or clean fingertips; top with remaining bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue baking for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- NOTE: I often use Simply Potatoes® "Southwest Style Hash Browns" for a spicier breakfast casserole.