Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
These wee balls are a lovely side dish with chicken or pork. They look attractive. I sometimes add a few more cranberries. They can be frozen. Freeze separately and then place in zip lock bag. To heat frozen balls place in 350F Oven for 15 min, cover with foil.
- 4 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon summer savory
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, fresh,finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- In a skillet saute the onions& celery in the heated butter until limp but not brown.
- Add herbs, cranberries, salt& pepper.
- Put crumbs in a bowl, add veggie mixture then the eggs and chicken broth and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Shape the mixture into small balls the size of walnuts and put them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cover the balls with tin foil and bake in a 300F degrees oven for about 10 minutes and serve.
Only OK, depends on whether you really like cranberries or not.
I made a mistake last night I left the balls in the oven for almost double the time and they wer never better. They were crunchy and I added a dab of hoy sauce to them. Bergy