Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served with French bread it makes a great warm winter meal.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken, chopped
- 4 sliced carrots
- 4 chopped celery ribs
- 1 head curly endive lettuce or 1 head spinach
- Bring chicken broth to simmer in medium saucepan.
- In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll into 1" balls and add to simmering broth.
- Reduce heat and cook about 12 minutes.
- Add chopped chicken, carrots and celery.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add shredded endive or spinach and cook until wilted.