Recipe by Seasoned Cook
POPULAR cookies at parties, weddings or on a cookie tray. They melt in your mouth! Very impressive and addictive! I have been making these cookies for 45 years. These are also the same cookies that our dear "Meme" calls butter balls. Yield is approximate as it depends on how large you form each cookie. I have never known anyone to not like this cookie! I have always used real butter for this recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend softened butter with powdered sugar. Add vanilla.
- Mix in salt, flour and chopped pecans.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls or flattened cookies and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 12 minutes, until firm but not brown. While hot roll in powdered sugar. Let cool and roll again in powdered sugar.