Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We served this for our rehearsal dinner. The recipe became famous among those of us in attendance. Has ever more been known as wedding chicken. Taste, presentation and aroma is to die for. Sometimes I will marinate the chicken in this and freeze in gallon freezer bags for an easy ready-to-go meal. If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, they are great in salad and in pasta dishes. Times do not include marinating.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, whole
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons butter
- Cut the chicken breasts in half so you have 8 half breasts. Clean well. Place in a glass dish.
- Mix garlic, salt, ginger, pepper, cumin, curry, oregano, soy, oil, and lemon juice together. Pour over the chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat bbq grill until coals are covered in white ash. Grill 5 minutes each side, or broil for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Place 1 t butter on each breast and serve.