Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe Courtesy Katie Lee Joel and the Food Network. She gave these at favors at her wedding to Billy Joel because rosemary is a symbol of remembrance.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried currant
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer and a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, incorporating each egg fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla and gently stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in currants.
- Cut dough in half and shape into 2 logs. They should be about a 12-inches long; and 1-inch thick.
- Bake until just starting to brown at the edges, about 35 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets. While the biscotti logs are still warm, cut each log into 1/2-inch wide slices on the diagonal. Place the slices back on the baking sheet (using 2 baking sheets if necessary to fit all the slices). Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Turn the biscotti over and bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, until the biscotti are crisp.
- Let the biscotti cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet(s). Serve when cooled to room temperature, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
These baked out well but after reading the amounts of flour and butter I reduced the flour to 3-1/4 cups and also because I was using smaller eggs, since this was the first time making this I decresed the fresh rosemary down to about 1 tablespoon and that is the amount I will stay with when I make it again, I cannot imagine using anything more, the rosemary flavor would be too overpowering, also I increased the sugar to 1 cup, I will make again, thanks for sharing CD!