Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this at a local Albuquerque sandwich shop today and it was so healthy and satisfying. I'm sure you could use a variety of vegetables, but this is what Weck's used.
- 2 slices whole grain bread, with seeds
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 -2 tablespoon guacamole
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 1 -2 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 6 thin slices cucumbers
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread and then build ingredients in order listed above, topping w/ other slice of bread. Slice and enjoy!
I made these for dinner last night (except left off the sprouts). When I told my DH & 2 sons what they were, they all said "weird!" I told them they all had to at least take a bite or two since they were already made--this was a mistake because then I had to make three more sandwiches! They were truly delicious! I'm actually going to use the left over cream cheese and guacamole to have one for my dinner tonight! Thanks ST for such a healthy and awesome sandwich recipe!
This was really good. I made 2. One for me and one for DD #2. She had the sprouts on hers, but I don't care for them and left them off. The crunchiness was great and I loved the combination of flavors. I made ours on 12 grain bread. This is a keeper and a recipe I will be using for a long time!! Thanks sweetomato!!!
The sunflower seeds really make this special. And the carrots add something nice (and different) too. Though, all the flavors go really well together. I omitted the sprouts and used more cucumbers.