45 hrs 15 mins
I can't remember where I found this basic recipe, but I tweaked it into a wonderful, zippy marinara sauce. I use it mostly for meatball subs, but it's also incredible spread over perfect, al dente pasta! I encourage you to try it exactly as the recipe desribes. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (regular)
- 2 garlic cloves (largish cloves, finely diced)
- 1/2 cup white onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons kraft grated 100% parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat saucepan over medium heat; once hot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 2Saute diced onion until slightly translucent (about 2-3 mins).
- 3Add diced garlic and crushed chilies; saute another 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add tomato sauce and water.
- 5Reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer.
- 6Add pepper, parsley, oregano, basil and parmesan cheese; stir.
- 7Add Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- 8Add sugar and salt (to taste); stir well.
- 9Let simmer 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Webslinger's Tangy Sweet Basil Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 1297.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g