Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cool for 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 inches apart into cooled cake.
- Slowly pour gelatin over cake; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
What a great cake for St. Patrick's Day! I had fun serving this last night at our appetizer and dessert buffet. The cake was pretty and very tasty. I highly recommend refrigerating the cake after you put the topping on so that it can "set up" a bit, because it was very runny to begin with. Also, you might want to wait to put the sprinkles on until just before serving, because they bled all over the top of the cake. Thanks for a great recipe!!
Making this today for St. Patrick's Day. I make it every year. It's really yummy and it comes out looking very pretty...good recipe! I agree with waiting to put on the sprinkles, they will bleed all over the icing.