Recipe by Captain Naz
I toyed around with ingredients while making Zucchini Bread, until I came up with a recipe my entire family could enjoy. I hate Zucchini Bread! But I love this bread, and when I sell it in the farmer's market, people say its the best they've ever tasted! I like to make a fair amount of it, but because of the rounded-off ingredients, this is easy to halve.
- 4 cups grated zucchini (approximately 2 medium sized zucchinis)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat (butter, margarine or vegetable oil, etc)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grate the zucchini, and measure out four cups. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, fat, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla and sugar. Stir together well.
- Add flour to the mixture, a bit at a time. Stir until all ingredients are mixed. The mixture should resemble thick pancake batter. If it is too thick, add another egg. Add nuts, if desired.
- Lightly grease and flour your bread pans, or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into bread pans, stopping when the mixture is about 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a golden brown. Take out loaves, and let them cool five minutes before removing the bread from the pans to finish cooling on a wire rack.