Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Grandma called it a "bowl of S**T" because it isn't exactly visually appealing. It was a staple because it was cheap, easy, made a lot of food and a comfort food. I don't really know how much milk to use...so I will just put in an amount...sorry...I don't always measure out everything i cook!? For potatoes/onions/carrots, that's kind of a personal thing. Depends on what you like most.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 5 -6 potatoes, cubed
- 5 -6 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- brown beef and drain.
- mix all ingredients into baking dish & cook on 350 til soft potatoes/carrots (1 hour?).
- To speed up cooking time, do smaller cubes of potatoes -- or try doing a quick nuke in the microwave before going into the mix.
- I think mom always baked it in a large oven-safe pot or casserole-type dish.
This was really good, the only changes I made to the recipe is I used 99% Fat Free soups, which helped me to get rid of a lot of fat, plus I added a little garlic salt, it is a staple in my cooking, and added a little fat free cheese to up the protein. This was delicious. Will be making again.