Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Womans Day recipe waiting to be tried.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
I really enjoyed this recipe. The shrimp had nice flavor and were so easy to prepare. The sauce was ok...too much horseradish for my tastes. I even halved it and it still seemed to be too much for me. My husband loves horseradish though, so he liked it alright. (When his siblings and him would misbehave when they were younger their parents used to make them eat spoons of horseradish---they did it so often now all of them love it!) Anyway, it was a nice recipe overall. Really I don't think sauce is necessary, the shrimp taste fine on their own. thanks for sharing this recipe michelle! Made for Photo Tag.
- 12 ounces beer (or 1 1/2 cups water)
- 2 tablespoons crab boil (sometimes called fish boil, or use pickling spice)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp, in the shell
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons white horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring beer (or water) and spices to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Cover and boil gently 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix dipping sauce ingredients and leave at room temperature while cooking shrimp.
- Add shrimp to saucepan; return to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring once, 4 to 5 minutes until shrimp turn pink and are barely opaque at the center. Drain and serve immediately with the sauce.