Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Womans Day recipe waiting to be tried.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mined garlic
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of, medium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- While pasta cooks put wine (or broth), onion, garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add reserved clam juice and 1 cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir in clams; heat through.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add clam sauce and remaining ingredients; toss to mix and coat. Pour into warmed pasta bowl.
This is very tasty and wonderfully low fat. I used spinach linguine and all broth. My clams were canned whole baby clams. This recipe gives a lot of flavor with the onion, garlic and lemon with very little effort. The only thing I would change would be to thicken the sauce just a bit so that it would cling to the pasta a little more. Made for Photo Tag.
Very good alternative to high fat clam sauce w/pasta. I picked this recipe for Tag to use up frozen clams (which I used instead of canned clams). I also used the white wine and the whole can of chicken broth (to make up for not using the clam broth) and cilantro instead of parsley. Very good and easy! Thanks for sharing!