Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Womans Day recipe waiting to be tried.
Top Review by Annacia
This is very tasty and wonderfully low fat. I used spinach linguine and all broth. My clams were canned whole baby clams. This recipe gives a lot of flavor with the onion, garlic and lemon with very little effort. The only thing I would change would be to thicken the sauce just a bit so that it would cling to the pasta a little more. Made for Photo Tag.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mined garlic
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of, medium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- While pasta cooks put wine (or broth), onion, garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add reserved clam juice and 1 cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir in clams; heat through.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add clam sauce and remaining ingredients; toss to mix and coat. Pour into warmed pasta bowl.