Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My wonderful late father-in-law taught me his favorite way to make guacamole many years ago. I wasn't too sure about the dill pickle and juice he added, but it is really good. This is the only way I make it, and my hubby too when he is in a cooking mood. We hope you enjoy it.
- mash avocados or use mixer.
- add finely minced onion, diced dill pickle, diced tomato and diced pepper slices (optional).
- mix in 1T miricle whip, 1T dill pickle juice and black pepper.
- blend well together by hand and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- serve as a side for fahitas or with your favorite chips (we use doritos).
- The dill pickle juice does the same thing as lemon juice--keeping the avocados from turning black.
- It also gives a very nice flavor, as does the diced dill pickle.
- If your avocados aren't ripened enough, place in a paper bag a few days before using and this will speed them along.
- Don't add salt until you serve this dish, as it will draw moisture and make it watery on top.