Recipe by queenbeatrice
This is my DH's favorite pickled egg recipe.
Top Review by ScrappieDoo
Yummy! I'm never making plain pickled eggs again! Made exactly as written. Love the addition of the garlic and bay leaves. I think next time I'll add a bit more garlic for more flavor. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring vinegar, water and salt to a boil; set aside.
- Place bay leaves, sliced onions and garlic in bottom of jar.
- Place eggs in jar.
- Cover with boiled liquid mixture.
- Rest until reaches room temperature.
- Twist lid on jar and refrigerate at least 3 days before eating.