Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my DH's favorite pickled egg recipe.
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse salt
- Bring vinegar, water and salt to a boil; set aside.
- Place bay leaves, sliced onions and garlic in bottom of jar.
- Place eggs in jar.
- Cover with boiled liquid mixture.
- Rest until reaches room temperature.
- Twist lid on jar and refrigerate at least 3 days before eating.
Yummy! I'm never making plain pickled eggs again! Made exactly as written. Love the addition of the garlic and bay leaves. I think next time I'll add a bit more garlic for more flavor. Thanks for a great recipe!