Recipe by Kathy Soulia
This is the dip everyone asks me to bring to the party. I got it from a co-worker ages ago and I modified it with the cilantro and modify in other ways if the crowd likes it more spicy. You can add any commercial chipotle salsa or jalapeño peppers if you want to spice it up. The Catalina dressing and chips in the mix are the secret. Don't omit or you will be disappointed. I chop veggies with a hand held chopper but you can probably use a food processor.
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 3 -4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans (light or dark)
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 2 -3 cups white corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all veggies and cilantro and put them in a big mixing or serving bowl.
- If you chop them together the flavors blend more.
- I like to mix the cilantro in with the tomatoes and/or the onions.
- Add the kidney beans.
- Use less if you like.
- Add the cheese.
- Use more or less to taste.
- Add the Catalina dressing until the dip becomes moist but not soupy.
- Just before serving put the corn chips in a baggie and crunch them up and put them in the dip.
- Serve with white corn tortilla chips or Fritos.