Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Delicious, fall off the bone Beef Ribs with a tangy, sweet sauce, smoked on the barbecue, this is my Husband's much sought after recipe for Beef Ribs.
- 8-10 beef ribs
- 177.44 ml barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- oak chip, for the barbecue
- Place ribs in a large pot of water and simmer covered for approx 3 hours or until tender.
- These ribs will be smoked on the grill, so you will need to soak approximately 1/2 cup of oak or wood chips in water now, until you are ready to grill.
- Mix sauce with brown sugar, molasses and curry powder. Remove ribs from pot and baste with sauce.
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to medium-low and add oak chips to coal, or under grill, and place ribs on grill.
- Grill approximately 15 minutes per side with lid down to smoke.
- Baste ribs periodically with more sauce while grilling.
- Enjoy the most succulent beef ribs you have ever had!
Since I don't have an outdoor grill, I tweaked the recipe as follows: I followed the boiling directions, but added some no-salt garlic seasoning and some rib seasoning to the water. I added a little liquid smoke to the sauce and poured it over the ribs in a glass baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray) and into a 350 degree oven they went for about half an hour, basting occasionally. My hubby said it was the best ribs he'd ever had!
This was amazing!! I made it for ZWT #6 and it has jumped right into my favorites cookbook. Made just as directed and all disappeared in a flash...sigh...no leftovers! I'm a Quisine Queen!!
We had problems making these ribs and are not sure what went wrong; (I would have liked to hold off assigning stars, but then my comments don't come up). While we followed the directions and simmered for three hours, we had a major flareup on the grill (even on medium low) from the fat on the ribs, which caused them to become charred. We still ate them despite this fact and served with extra of the BBQ sauce/curry/molasses mixture. Guests did say that they found the sauce mixture to be very good. I'll have to try again sometime and see if I can figure out the problem. Made for ZWT6.