Recipe by ~Leslie~
Delicious, fall off the bone Beef Ribs with a tangy, sweet sauce, smoked on the barbecue, this is my Husband's much sought after recipe for Beef Ribs.
Top Review by KC's Mom
Since I don't have an outdoor grill, I tweaked the recipe as follows: I followed the boiling directions, but added some no-salt garlic seasoning and some rib seasoning to the water. I added a little liquid smoke to the sauce and poured it over the ribs in a glass baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray) and into a 350 degree oven they went for about half an hour, basting occasionally. My hubby said it was the best ribs he'd ever had!
- 8 -10 beef ribs
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- oak chip, for the barbecue
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a large pot of water and simmer covered for approx 3 hours or until tender.
- These ribs will be smoked on the grill, so you will need to soak approximately 1/2 cup of oak or wood chips in water now, until you are ready to grill.
- Mix sauce with brown sugar, molasses and curry powder. Remove ribs from pot and baste with sauce.
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to medium-low and add oak chips to coal, or under grill, and place ribs on grill.
- Grill approximately 15 minutes per side with lid down to smoke.
- Baste ribs periodically with more sauce while grilling.
- Enjoy the most succulent beef ribs you have ever had!