Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister made this and says it tastes like Christmas. I found it on foodtv.com and wanted to save it here so I don't lose/forget it!
- Combine the sugar and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and return to a boil, then lower the heat so that the liquid simmers.
- Add the apples, walnuts, raisins, Grand Marnier, orange and lemon juices, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the sauce cool.
- Serve in a side bowl with turkey or any preferred holiday dish.
Thank you for posting this! I found this on the Food Network site and made this last THXGiving for the first time. It is so easy to make yet tastes so elegant! It was a hit with the whole family. It makes a lot but it tastes fabulous the next day on top of leftovers. I substituted the grand Marnier for more OJ and we didn't miss anything. If you have been serving your family canned cranberries, surprise them and your self this Holiday with the delicious dish from the uber-talented Mrs. Deen.