Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Awesome.....This is a recipe I took from a cookbook called Cooking New Orleans Style and tweaked it until I got it how I wanted. It was originally called "Crawfish Fettuccine" but I renamed it after Wayde J. a good buddy of mine! The recipe now is really quite different.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined no tails
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (Yellowtail Chardonnay)
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (ground)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- In a large (7.5 quart) Dutch oven over medium heat with 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup butter make a medium brown roux. Add onions celery and bell pepper. Cook 10 minutes stirring often. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add other 2 sticks of butter, cook about 5 minutes stirring often. Add parsley , shrimp and crawfish and cook 15-20 minutes stirring frequently until shrimp and crawfish are close to done.
- Add half-and-half, wine cheese and garlic Bring to a simmer and cook another 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot cook noodles until al dente.
- Combine both mixtures, in casserole dishes or in dutch oven. Top with parmesan and Emeril's Essence bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with French Bread.