1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
T. Woolfe's Note:
Actually a sorta pickle and pimento pate' type meatloaf. I got to thinking about the pickle pimento loaf that a lot of us had on wonder bread with catsup for our grade school bound Brown-Bags I wanted a healthier and taster version more like a loafed rouladen. I ground my own primarily to control the fat, but also to mix the meat & additions really well. I must have way too much time on my hands because chanting my mantra "Play With Your Food" I actually made this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 1 tablespoon beef base (I use the paste but lo sodium granulated bullion is OK)
- 1 medium yellow onion, med chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs, or any unflavored bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes, plus
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seeds (Zap in the spice grinder) or 1 stalk really finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon old fashoned blackstrap molasses (The smelly sulphered stuff)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -7 medium sweet pickles, julianned
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted,seeded and skinned julianned
- salt and pepper, to taste (remembering both the beef base and bullion have some salt allready)
- 1Now the fun and bother begins.
- 2Smear the beef base or dampined bullion on top of that round BEFORE sliceing for the first grind.
- 3Grind the meat once through the large die on the grinder.
- 4Add the Onion, Celery, ahd Panko to the chopped meat and.
- 5Run it through the grinder again, fine die.
- 6Add the Molassas, Worestershire, egg, and garlic to the chopped meat.
- 7Run it through the grinder again still the fine die.
- 8Add and work in the Roasted pepper and sweet pickle.
- 9Since I had my old Kitchen Center out for the meatgrinder, I used the dough hooks for this.
- 10I know,, Lazy Woolfe.
- 11Pat firmly into a loaf pan, insert the thermometer.
- 12Bake in a 325 oven untill the internal temp is around 130°F.
- 13Turn out onto a rack/in pan& reinsert the thermometer.
- 14Continue bakeing untill you have 140- 145F internal.
- 15Let cool before trying to slice thinly.
- 16Makes one heckofa sammich, a tad dry so nextime a bit more fat in the mince.
- 17Another*Skunkwoolfe* prodiction,, Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Way Too Much Bother Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes