Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Only 4 main ingredients are needed. Easy to make one or several. My teenage son is thrilled when I make this pizza. He's always been a picky eater, but he's never turned down this pizza. He fills his plate up and comes back for seconds.
- Thaw the dough until it is pliable but hasn't started to rise.
- Break up sausage into clumps and cook thoroughly in a frying pan.
- Heat oven according to baking instructions on the package for pizza dough (usually 400 to 450 degrees).
- Spread and stretch bread dough onto a lightly greased pan to your desired thickness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes to partially cook the dough. Remove from oven.
- Spread on spaghetti sauce with a spoon or brush. Sprinkle basil or other herbs over the sauce. Sprinkle cooked sausage and shredded mozarella cheese.
- Return pizza to oven for another 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and dough has just begun to crisp on the bottom.
- Note: I use Rinaldi Traditional Meat Sauce and Jimmy Deans' Low-Fat Breakfast Sausage.