Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Thanksgiving staple for us. Red bell peppers (Capsicums for Aussies) look much better but the taste is the same when using green ones
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels (drained canned ones are just fine)
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onion
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (can be a little less)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground rosemary (or finely chopped fresh rosemary)
- oregano or marjoram
- salt and pepper
- Chop peppers and onions to about the same size as a single niblet. Don't blitz; they will be too mushy.
- Heat pan over med-high, add oil, heat.
- Saute onion and bell peppers until soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs, stir through and taste to check seasoning.
- Add corn niblets and stir through until heated.
- You may need to add a little water.
- Can be made ahead, in fact it is better when made a day before and re-heated to serve.
So easy, and unbelievably yummy, using ingredients that are kitchen staples. A very useful recipe to have!
I thought this was a nice change from plain corn & very tasty. Unfortunately DH & DD didn't agree but will be keeping this for when we have company, thanks!