Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Much better than store bought plum sauce. We use this as a stir fry sauce (just add a little corn starch slurry), and as a marinade for chicken wings, flank steak and beef strips. It's also delicious on ribs.
- 1 cup dark plum jam or 1 cup jelly
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (try dry ground ginger sometime for a slightly different taste)
- 2 whole scallions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place all ingredients except sesame oil in a saucepan and cook over med heat, stirring, until jam is thoroughly melted.
- remove from heat and stir in sesame oil.
- Will keep for a week or so when refrigerated.
This was great over my egg rolls! I was looking for something simple but different to use and came across your recipe. Just perfect! Thanks for sharing.
I have been looking for a long time for a good plum sauce recipe, most I try are too sweet for me by far. This was very yummy! I must admit I used slightly less jam than stated as I ran out but kept everything else the same. I dipped my veggie nuggets into the sauce and it turned a humble frozen vittle into a tasty meal!