Recipe by omeomy #2
This is another recipe where we never really measure, so here goes. Leftovers are gooood, especially the next day, cold is fine too. We always have this when we fix Corned Beef and No, It's NOT Chinese Lemon Chicken. We sometimes add crumbled crispy bacon.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced fairly thick
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar (any vinegar is fine)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (we prefer Hellmans)
- 1 tablespoon of finely cut fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- water (of course)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan, add salt, vinegar and potatoes.
- When water comes back to the boil lower heat and put lid on saucepan.
- Cook about 10-15 minutes, test potatoes with a skewer or fork; they should be quite firm still, add onions and cover again. Cook a further 4-5 minutes and test again. Potatoes should be just done but not falling apart (they need a little firmness to keep some shape) and the onions should retain some crunch.
- Drain, fold in mayo, avoiding breaking them up too much.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle chives or dill over top.