Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I know there are a ton of apple crisp recipes. This is one my Aunt Dee always made. Every time I make it I think of her. The long talks we had eating this with a mug of hot chocolate.
- 6-8 apples, peeled and sliced (I have also used 2 14.5 oz. canned fruit, drained peaches, pears etc., canned pie filling would also)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, well packed
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml butter
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13 pan.
- Place apples in pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar to taste over the apples.
- Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- When the butter is mixed in well, sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with ice cream or whipped topping. If we are feeling crazy that day, we might add some caramel sauce and nuts.
This was a hit. I used a mix of apples (2 golden delicious, 2 granny smith, and 4 mackintosh) and it came out pretty yummy. The crumb topping could have been a little sweeter or maybe it just needed a little cinnamon/nutmeg or something but other than that, quick, easy, and we'll be making it again!
Wow, this was amazingly delicious and oh so simple! I used Granny Smith apples and cut the recipe down to feed 2, it worked out fine, I just added one extra apple so it would be really apple-y. We really enjoyed this and it was so fast and easy to prepare. Thanks for posting :)
Very simple and quick to fix with limited ingredients. Used 7 large Granny Smith apples and had lots of crumb topping to go around. Could have easily used more apples. Used an apple peeler and Cinnamon Sugar which I keep in a small shaker, and this went together in minutes with minimal prep work and measuring. Thanks for sharing your family recipe! We enjoyed it! Made for PAC Fall 2007.