Recipe by Jules211
I know there are a ton of apple crisp recipes. This is one my Aunt Dee always made. Every time I make it I think of her. The long talks we had eating this with a mug of hot chocolate.
Top Review by Patti C
This was a hit. I used a mix of apples (2 golden delicious, 2 granny smith, and 4 mackintosh) and it came out pretty yummy. The crumb topping could have been a little sweeter or maybe it just needed a little cinnamon/nutmeg or something but other than that, quick, easy, and we'll be making it again!
- 6 -8 apples, peeled and sliced (I have also used 2 14.5 oz. canned fruit, drained peaches, pears etc., canned pie filling would also)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13 pan.
- Place apples in pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar to taste over the apples.
- Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- When the butter is mixed in well, sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with ice cream or whipped topping. If we are feeling crazy that day, we might add some caramel sauce and nuts.