Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a good, basic lasagna recipe.
Top Review by ckimberlycook
Perfect! I made this for our recent vacation to Manitoulin Island. I doubled the recipe and put both ricotta and cottage cheese in and omitted the cinnamon. I cooked and then froze them. I added a can of spagetti sauce and shredded mozarella on top of both 9 x 12 pyrex dishes before reheating them in the sauna (let it warm all day). It was phenominal!!
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 1360.77 g ground beef (a combination of 2 lbs ground beef and 1 lb ground pork is really good!)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 453.59 g ricotta cheese or 453.59 g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley, minced
- 177.44 ml freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 10-12 lasagna noodles (I use no-boil)
- 1419.54 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and cook ground beef until well-browned.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Mix in Italian seasoning, sugar, oregano, cinnamon, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, basil, pepper, parsley and Parmesan cheese together.
- Set aside.
- In a greased 9x13-inch pan, layer noodles, 1/3 of cheese mixture, 1/3 of meat mixture and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into pieces.