Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This would have to be the all time favourite way to cook potatoes. I often boil the potatoes in the morning and come home from work to cook them.
- Boil potatoes in water until just tender - approximately 15- 20 minutes.
- Heat as much oil as you desire in a roasting dish that can go on the stovetop as well as in the oven.
- Add the onions and let them cook just until they soften and are starting to go brown.
- Add the potatoes and lots and lots of chicken salt.
- Stir well to coat in the oil.
- Cook on a medium heat stirring every so often to loosen the mixture for approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- When the potatoes are brown all over but not yet crispy, you can add more oil and more seasoning and place pan in the oven.
- Let cook in the oven for a further 20 - 30 minutes until golden and crispy all over. You may need to stir also every so often.