Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one online; submitted on Everyday Food. This quick summer salad combines cooked wax beans with crisp slices of chorizo sausage. Cooking the beans in the chorizo drippings imparts a rich, smoky flavor to the dish.
- 4.92 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 113.39 g dried chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 340.19 g wax bean, trimmed
- 19.71 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- coarse salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a plate.
- Add shallot to skillet and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, 2 minutes. Add beans and 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until water evaporates and beans are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes Return chorizo to skillet and stir in vinegar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.