Recipe by Jewelies
I found this on the internet somewhere when looking for pasta recipes for my pasta machine.
- 1 tablespoon ground wattleseed, roasted (20g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 (55 g) eggs
- 4 liters water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the wattle seed in 50ml water and heating to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix wattle seed paste with flour and salt in a food processor. Add the eggs, and the oil, mix quickly until it forms a dough that justs hold together.
- Divide dough into three and wrap in plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Take the dough from the refrigerator, lightly flour and roll out to about 2mm thickness. Cut into your favourite shape.
- Pour a small amount of oil into the boiling water and place pasta in the pot. Fresh pasta cooks quickly. The pasta is usually cooked by the time most of the pasta rises to the surface.
- Drain pasta use now or store for reheating later.
- To reheat: add pasta to boiling water with some oil to stop pasta sticking together. Serve with your favourite sauce.