Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A combination of different recipes which I have used to make my own. It's a bit spicier than Afghan kebabs (murgh kebabs) and can be scaled and modified as necessary.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- Blend everything together in a blender except the chicken.
- Cube the chicken and marinate in the mixture for four hours or better.
- Skewer the chicken and place on the grill or under the broiler in the oven.
- Cook the chicken until white through or whatever temperature the cookbook recommends; turn it once or twice if necessary to prevent burning.