1/1 Photo of Wato's Chilli Sauce
A recipe that was acquire from a mad military musican who is often seen picking olives from the wild olive trees in the foot hills of Adelaide. He advised that this chilli sauce improves in flavour and strength with age and that it's for internal use only. However, if pain persists see your doctor. Note: This recipe yields 1.5 litres of sauce. I could only put 1 litre in the "Yield" field.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly chop chillies.
- 2Take out the seeds before chopping if you like a mild chilli sauce.
- 3Place the chopped chillies in a blender with a little bit of vinegar, blend on high speed for a minute.
- 4Then place all the ingredients, including the chillies, into a sauce pan and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
- 5Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the chillies and sultanas are very soft.
- 6Let cool.
- 7Then in a clean blender blend the chilli sauce until smooth and creamy.
- 8You should end up with approximately 1.5 litres of chilli sauce.
- 9Bottle into sterilised jars.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wato's Chilli Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2019 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3764.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7092.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 938.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 837.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g