Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are from the Watkins Cookbook Copyright 1938
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup rich milk
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon of watkins vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup watkins cocoa
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of watkins cream of tartar
- Blend the sugar, milk and syrup and boil to a soft ball.
- Remove from fire, add the cocoa disolved in the boiling water; add the butter and vanilla.
- Add 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Beat until the mixture is of a creamy consistancy.
- Pour into a buttered pan, mark in squares while warm.
- Cut when cold.
- 1/2 cup Watkins shredded coconut may be added when adding cocoa.