Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Yummy bread that will have your family thinking their eating something bad for them while you smile & nod.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups ground zucchini
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat sugar & oil until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla & zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Add nuts.
- Pour all into greased & floured bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes then turn out onto wire racks.
- When cool sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
This made a large loaf of chocolate zucchini bread. It tasted like a chocolate cake. Very good. Will make again. Thank you for sharing.