Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first tasted this sweet, different version of Chex mix at a Watkins home-demo party. Almost everyone went home from the party with a copy of this recipe. The maple flavor extract is the secret ingredient. Plan ahead - once cooked, this will need to cool before serving.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large microwavable bowl big enough to hold all of the cereal& nuts later (about 2 quarts)- don't put the cereal& nuts in yet, though.
- If your microwave is very small, you may need to make half batches.
- Once melted, quickly whisk in brown sugar and maple extract.
- Stir in the cereal and the nuts until coated and return bowl to microwave and cook on HIGH heat 4-5 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Spread out mix onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper and let cool.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.