Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This glue will hold where most others will not, when wet.
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin (1/2 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 drops clove oil (optional)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- Set aside to soften.
- Heat milk to boiling point and pour into softened gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add oil of cloves as preservative if glue is to be kept for more than a day.
- Store glue in a screw-capped jar.
- It will gel as it cools, but this will not affect its adhesiveness.
- Set jar in a pan of hot water to soften glue for reuse.
Did I ever get a hoot out of this recipe!!! I was re-creating a craft that I had done many years ago, using glue, shredded decorative paper napkins and a vase. I only needed 1/2 the recipe so this worked out perfect for me. I was tickled pink that I actually had all the ingredients on hand...because usually I never have milk!!! I spend a good part of 1 hour playing around like a kid again. Greatest of fun! Thanks for the posting....I had a blast with it!!!