Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good and a little different from other watermelon salads. Adapted from Bon Appetit (July '09)
- 1 (5 ounce) package salad greens
- 8 cups watermelon, cubes (I used a melon baller)
- 1 (7 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegrette salad dressing (mine was fat-free)
- In a large salad bowl put in salad greens, and then add the watermelon and feta.Toss.
- Add dressing and sprinkle with pepper. Toss.
First rate, ellie! I had some watermelon frozen from last summer, and used that for the salad and used leaf lettuce. Loved having a little taste of summer in October. Used Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, and the garlic was fabulous with this salad! Thnx for sharing your recipe, ellie. Made for THINK PINK Oct 2009.
Oh so refreshing, light and cooling! I did I add thinly sliced red onion, used herbed feta my mix of garden greens including spinach, arugula, sorrel, and nasturtium. Thank you!
This was excellent ellie. I loved the different flavors in this salad, sweet salty and fresh. I used romaine lettuce and white balsamic vinegar. It was so good. I will make this again, what a great way to serve watermelon. Thanks for sharing.